Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week beginning with a beautiful spring day!

Yesterday, Palm Sunday, was more like a cold winter day. It was a bitter wind that blew, followed by rain. Today is completely different, it feels like Spring finally has the upper hand. 

After a few morning chores, it hopped on my bike and had a very pleasant drive up Machon's Point Rd. This was my third outing. The Confederation trail is still bogged down with snow in places. It will be a bit longer before "Go PEI" group will resume our bi-weekly bike rides down the trail. But in place of the treadmill or floor mat stretches it has been a nice change to get out and bike. My knees have been bothering me but I read that biking can only help my knees and hopefully get rid of some winter belly fat I gained :)

Paul and a retired minister friend are organizing our Maundy Thursday service. Good Friday is always a sad but nessesary service. How can I celebrate the joy of Easter morning without the sad reminder of what our Lord suffered for us? My bike rides are preparing my body for my favourite morning of the year, our Sunrise Service at Machon's Point. It will be dark as I head out Sunday morning, I want to get there before most of the others. Maybe in time to help build our traditional bonfire on the beach. Hopefully it will be a clear day and the sunrise over the harbour will be grand as we finish our most joyful service on the beach. Easter is late this year but I remember a year when only the most devoted headed out in a heavy snow fall. Another year we had to stand on ice cakes that had pushed their way upon the beach!

Sunrise Easter morning 2008:





Paul & I have got the yard raked of forgotten leaves and needles. Cleaning up brances that were winter wind pruned from the trees surrounding our lot. When a nice free day comes I can now begin the enjoyable task of detailed weeding.



Next fall & spring I'll have to work extra hard at my beds. Krista's wedding will be in July of 2012. She hopes to have some pictures taken in our gardens! It is over a year before her & Chris' wedding but plans have begun: the dress is ordered (she looks like a goddess in it ), I can't post a picture though I could 'cause Paul doesn't want to see it 'til the wedding and Chris is not allowed! The venue is reserved for their reception. The wedding will be in our own church but the reception will be in Charlottetown. They live there and it is halfway between our home and Chris' parents. 

The following July of 2013 our youngest daughter and remaining child will be marrying her sweetheart, Stephen. So will will be busy with our next family wedding the following year!
I am excited that my favourite author, Jean Auel, has finally released her sixth and final book in the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series. Its is "The Land of the Painted Caves" and continues the saga of the lives of Ayla and Jondalar.  This is who my cat, Ayla, is named after :) Talking about pets, our puppy, Callie, seems to be slowing down in growth. Her mother is a small Collie mix, but she was growing so fast we were scared she'd take after "daddy", a Golden Lab mix. We are hoping this won't happen and are pleased she may be done her growth spurt.


Have a blessed week my dear friends!
Hugs, Faye

2 comments:

  1. You have so many wonderful things to look forward to, Faye! I didn't know that both Megan and Krista were engaged. Congratulations to them both.

    I hope you continue to have nice weather, especially for Easter Sunday.

    I'm also anxious to read Jean Auel's next book. It's hard to believe that her first book of the Earth Children series was published in 1980! It doesn't seem that long ago!

    Take care and enjoy your week. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start by saying that I really like the picture of Callie, what a nice and friendly dog is she.
    Good for everyone that the weather has changed to Spring after the cold days of Winter.
    I appreciate the photo's you published. You have long winters in that corner of Canada :-)
    This year you deserve nice weather for Easter and enjoy gardening :-)

    ReplyDelete